Pupil Premium resources
Pupil Premium Awards – find out latest school winners of the PP awards held annually......
Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) (founded by the Sutton Trust) is an independent charity with a £125m grant from the DfE to help schools measure impact of approaches funded through the use of the PP Grant:. Use their T&L Toolkit as an evaluation tool from their Resources link.....
30 Hours Childcare
DfE launches 30 hours free childcare - press release
Surrey Council information page on 30 hours free childcare
KS2 SATs results
KS2 Results - Schoolsweek article
Government responds to primary assessment consultations
The Department for Education has published today the government’s response to the ‘Primary assessment in England’ public consultation. Details are set out in a statement made to Parliament by the Secretary of State for Education, Justine Greening.
The response confirms the government’s intention to establish a settled, trusted primary assessment system for the long term, and specifically to:
· move to a more flexible approach of assessing English writing from the 2017 to 2018 academic year onwards
· change the starting point for primary school progress measures to the reception year - with a new statutory assessment to be introduced in reception from 2020
· remove statutory end of key stage 1 assessments once the reception baseline assessment has become fully established, from 2023
· remove the duty for teachers to assess pupils against statutory reading and mathematics frameworks at the end of key stage 2 from the 2018 to 2019 academic year onwards
· improve the early years foundation stage profile by clarifying the descriptors underpinning the Early Learning Goals and reviewing supporting guidance
· introduce an online multiplication tables check to be taken by pupils at the end of year 4 from the 2019 to 2020 academic year
The government has also published today its response to the parallel consultation on the recommendations of the Rochford Review of assessment arrangements for pupils working below the standard of national curriculum tests.